Sunday, September 9, 2007

Taking the plunge

I know I'm late to the blogosphere. I was once considered an early adopter of technology and web-based communication. Alais, I fear I'm aging and obviously slowing down.

I don't quite know yet what use this blog will serve, if any. Most likely, I'll just post random items of personal interest. If you happen to share any of my interests, I'd welcome discussion.

OK, on to my inaugural post.

My daily cigar is an exceptional, mild Dominican - Don Diego. Generally a Longsdale or Privada No. 1 is my size of choice. Today however, I'm enjoying an equally satisfying Santa Damiana No. 700. It too is a mild Dominican. Though I've enjoyed cigar smoking for over 20 years, I prefer milder, generally not too expensive smokes to the super premium or stronger brands.

For me a cigar is an opportunity to relax. It has a calming quality for me. I typically smoke when alone in my car or my office. I try to be mindful of others, but it is an activity I will not give up. I believe it was Twain who said, "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go."

Given the choice, I wouldn't go as far as Twain, but I chose to believe the best cigars are reserved for heaven's humidor.

No comments: